HIV and sexual health charity Terrence Higgins Trust (THT) will be running another FREE online HIV Awareness Training Course in September/October over Zoom.
If you haven’t done this training before, you will need to complete the first three compulsory two-hour modules that make up the normal One-Day HIV Awareness Training. You are then welcome to add on one or both additional modules that focus on specific issues around HIV & Ageing or HIV & Black Communities.
If you have already attended the HIV Awareness Training, either online or in person, then you can book to do the extra modules in HIV & Ageing or HIV & Black Communities. Please let THT know what training you have previously attended when booking.
The training is FREE, and will be delivered interactively via Zoom. It is important that you are able to attend all the modules in the correct order to ensure you get all the information.
Module 1 (Introduction to HIV)
WHEN: Thursday, September 3, 11am – 1pm, on ZOOM
– Current Snapshot of HIV in the UK and Worldwide
– Definitions of HIV & Terminology
– HIV Transmission
Module 2 (HIV Treatment & Prevention)
WHEN: Thursday, September 10, 11am – 1pm, on ZOOM
– HIV Prevention Methods
– HIV Treatment Overview
Module 3 (HIV Stigma & Discrimination)
WHEN: Thursday, September 17, 11am – 1pm, on ZOOM
– Impact of HIV Stigma and Discrimination
– Personal experiences from someone living with HIV
– Case Studies
Optional Extra Module (HIV & Ageing)
WHEN: Thursday, September 24, 11am – 1pm, on ZOOM
– Specific considerations around Ageing and HIV (including Stigma)
– The impact of diagnosis before medication
– Personal experiences of over 50s living with HIV
Optional Extra Module (HIV & Black Communities)
WHEN: Thursday, October 1, 11am – 1pm, on ZOOM
– The differences within black communities from a sexual health and HIV perspective
– Insight in to the ways in which black communities are affected by HIV and sexual health
– Why do healthcare disparities exist and the impact of stigma in black communities
If you would like to attend, email Alice Booth or Phillip Wragg (details below) and let them know if you would like to attend any of the Optional Extra Modules.
To book, or to enquire into bespoke online training for your staff team, contact Alice Booth or Phillip Wragg: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info on THT, visit their website.