Brighton & Hove City Council have issued a web resource with information for employers and businesses during the Coronavirus situation, including how to access the recently announced new government support, how to support employees and find advice on decontamination for businesses, where a possible or confirmed Covid-19 case has spent time while symptomatic.
The situation is changing all the time and businesses are advised to check information on the government website for the latest update available.
The government has set out a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a statutory sick pay relief package for SMEs
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all businesses in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
You can read all the advice, which is updated regularly on the BHCC website here
If you think your business qualifies for these measures of financial support and would like more information when it is available from government, or would like to know when the council is in a position to process applications for these, email email@example.com with the name of your business and an email address you can be contacted on.