Exeter’s LGBT communities, celebrate their fifth Pride on and around Saturday, March 23. Last year more than 1,500 took part in the Pride Parade down Exeter High Street and more than 2,000 people attended events held at Exeter Phoenix. This year, organisers promise the event will be bigger, better and more colourful.
Full details of events, times and venues will be regularly updated on the Pride website and Facebook page.
To view website, click here:
The Pride Parade starts from St Sidwells Centre at 11am and walks through the city centre to the Exeter Phoenix, where all the days events will be staged.
These include The Marketplace, with stalls where you can shop, receive support and get information from local and national organisations.
• Strictly Same Sex! dancing, Drumming and tackling hate crime.
• The Secret Garden – feeling sporty? Take part in a penalty shoot-out with the Devon Lions?!
• The Pride Panel – this year’s big debate will be on Equal Marriage, a very current topic!
• The Terrace – Battle of the DJ’s is back!
• The Auditorium – A whole host of live music and performers throughout the afternoon, including tribute acts and local artists, as well as some from further afield.
Later in the evening there will be a club night at Exeter, Phoenix which will take you into the early hours of the morning!
This year there will be a host of Pre-Pride events.
If you want to be a volunteer, have a stall, perform or get involved use the form on the Pride website.
To find out more about Exeter Pride go to their website: