As part of the B RIGHT ON LGBT+ Community Festival and hosted by the Brighton & Hove LGBT Community Safety Forum, the Crown Prosecution Service presents a workshop called Understanding Domestic Abuse.
This free workshop will cover the following topics:
- What are different ways DA can manifest itself?
- Understanding physical, emotional, psychological, financial, sexual abuse and coercive and controlling behaviour.
- Domestic Abuse and the law.
- Who can be a victim of DA?
- Stereotypes of victims and perpetrators.
- How do the CPS prosecute these cases and what special provisions are available?
- What are the benefits of reporting and going through the Criminal Justice System?
- Challenging attitudes and behaviours that permit Domestic Abuse to continue to be perpetrated.
If you have any access requirements email: email@example.com or call 01273 855620 and select option 4.
The B Right On LGBT+ Community Festival celebrating LGBT+ history, lives and culture, is organised by the volunteers of the Brighton & Hove LGBT Community Safety Forum. and takes place at the Phil Starr Pavilion – a multi functional, fully accessible, heated performance, conference and community space with a licensed bar which is located on Victoria Gardens, Brighton
Event: Understanding Domestic Abuse workshop with the Crown Prosecution Service
Where: Phil Starr Pavilion, Victoria Gardens, Brighton
When: Wednesday, April
Time: 1pm – 2pm
Cost: Free event
To reserve a place online, click here: