The LGBT Community Safety Forum are holding a one day workshop in personal awareness and safety tomorrow, March 11, to help empower people to develop an awareness of basic defence techniques and demonstrate an understanding of how to implement them.
THE workshop is open to all members of the LGBT communities in Brighton & Hove including older people and those with physical and learning disabilities.
A free lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The workshop will cover:
Situations & Personal Safety
• Avoidance of conflict. The GOLDEN Rule.
• What makes a situation dangerous?
• Outside Factors
• Inside Factors
• Safe behaviours – What can we do differently?
• Body Language and Signalling
• Power Switch – Psychological strength
Self Defence Foundations
• Stance – being ready to defend yourself
• Blocking punches and kicks
• Distraction Techniques
• Body Weapons & Body Targets
• Principles of Martial Arts
• Escape techniques
The course is funded by the Safer in Sussex Community Fund and is free to participants.
There is still time to sign up to the workshop.
If you would like to attend email:
Event: Personal Awareness & Safety Workshop
Where: Queens Hotel, Kings Road, Brighton BN1 1SN
When: Wednesday, March 11
Time: 10am – 3pm