Breakout, the LGBT Hampshire wide youth project are currently looking for a full time and a 3.5 hour a week part time Breakout Youth LGBT project worker to join their Hampshire wide young people’s project.
Breakout Youth is a project for young people aged 11 to 25 who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender or unsure (LGBTU) of their gender or sexual identity.
Hosted by No Limits, Breakout aims to:
• offer advice, information and support to LGBT young people on a range of issues relevant to their lives
• to provide a safe and accessible environment for young people to meet & socialise, working with young people in providing a program of activities and events to enable them to have fun and make informed choices about their lives
• to raise awareness of and deliver training on issues surrounding homophobia and transphobia.
Full time worker – 37 hours per week – Hampshire wide
Closing date Noon: Thursday April 25
· You will have experience and expertise in working with LGBT young people, of case holding clients and maintaining individual client files. You will also have in-depth knowledge around safeguarding and child protection as well as having the ability and enthusiasm to run an LGBT evening youth project – Breakout PLUs in Fareham (Monday evenings).
· As the Breakout Youth project worker you will be up to date with the major issues facing LGBT young people and have the knowledge and expertise to provide quality information, advice, advocacy and support to vulnerable children and young people.
· Working Hampshire wide you must also have use of a car as you could be in Fareham one day then Basingstoke the next potentially via Eastleigh then Alton!
Part time worker – 3.5hours per week. Closing date NOON Tuesday April 30
· Running Breakout Southampton youth group on Tuesday evenings 6-9.30pm
For more information and to download the job information packs CLICK HERE:
Salary scale for both: NJC 20-26 (£18,453-£22.221) p/t role pro rata