Brighton & Hove City Council (BHCC) has announced it is making nearly £200,000 available to local businesses to help boost take-up of apprenticeships in the city.
The funding, which is coming through the apprenticeship levy transfer scheme, will be available to support eligible employers to take on new apprentices and develop existing employees.
Employers can now put in bids for the money and the deadline for bidding is Wednesday, March 10. BHCC apprenticeships team will allocate the funding from April based on the bids received.
Eligible employers will be a non-levy payer based in Brighton & Hove. They must fall into one of the following categories:
• Businesses and other organisations
• The voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector
• Schools in the city that do not pay into the council’s apprenticeship levy.
Employers who apply for apprenticeship funding will be expected to actively support the aims of Brighton & Hove’s City Employment & Skills Plan.
Alternatively, they will need to show how the levy funding will support:
• Redundant apprentices or progression from kick-start placements; or
• The recovery of their business from Covid; or
• The city’s aim to be Carbon Neutral by 2030.
To find out more CLICK HERE or email firstname.lastname@example.org