Ben Cohen, Tracey Emin and Grayson Perry go under the hammer at a major Terrence Higgins Trust fundraiser.
A private screening of BAFTA-winning movie PRIDE hosted by the film’s writer Stephen Beresford, stunning artworks by Tracey Emin, Grayson Perry and Jake and Dinos Chapman, and dinner with rugby heart-throb Ben Cohen are among the extraordinary lots confirmed for this year’s The Auction, in aid of Terrence Higgins Trust (THT).
Sponsored by Prudential plc, the annual fundraiser sees the HIV and sexual-health charity take over Christie’s auction house for a special night of fierce bidding on ‘money can’t buy’ items and experiences.
The event has been running since 1997 and is one of London’s longest-running and best-supported charity auctions, raising more than £3.5 million for people living with and affected by HIV over its history.
All lots have been donated by THT supporters, and this year include:
• A special screening of the BAFTA-winning movie PRIDE for 20 people at The Soho Hotel, hosted by the film’s writer Stephen Beresford. Selected members of the cast will also be invited.
• A large neon, Be Brave, by acclaimed British artist and Terrence Higgins Trust patron Tracey Emin.
• An original ceramic sculpture, Spirit of the Internet, created exclusively for The Auction by Turner Prize-winning artist Grayson Perry.
• Dinner for four at L’Escargot with former England Rugby Union player and anti-bullying campaigner Ben Cohen.
• A bespoke hat fitting with master milliner Philip Treacy, followed by an overnight stay, dinner and spa treatments at London’s Corinthia Hotel.
• A fabulous dinner at Harry’s Bar with Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood.
Also under the hammer are five-star holidays to Courchevel and St Barth, luxury design pieces from Tateossian and Jimmie Martin, and a backstage tour of the London Coliseum followed by a performance of the English National Opera.
Sonya Trivedy, Fundraising Director at Terrence Higgins Trust, said: “The Auction is one of the highlights of our fundraising calendar, not just because of the extraordinary lots on offer, but because of the stellar amount it raises for people living with and affected by HIV. Our catalogue this year is literally stuffed full of incredible lots, so we’re hoping our supporters dig deep and help us to raise an equally incredible total.”
To download The Auction catalogue, or to buy a ticket, click here:
Event: THT Celebrity Auction
Where: Christie’s, 8 King Street, London SW1Y 6QT
When: Thursday, March 12
Time: 7 p.m.