Applications are now open for The Jerwood/Photoworks Awards, which are a major commissioning opportunity supporting early-career artists working with photography to make new work and significantly develop their practice. Two artists will receive a £15,000 award each with a full package of support from Photoworks and Jerwood Arts to create new work over a 12-month period.
Now in their fourth edition, the Awards are for UK-based artists who have been practising for between one and ten years. There is no age limit or fee to apply and both organisations particularly seek to encourage artists exploring new approaches to photography.
- £10,000 artist fee
- £5,000 production budget
- Mentoring support from a high-profile international pool of experts for at least 12-months.
- Curatorial support from Photoworks and Jerwood Arts
- A two-person exhibition in London as part of the Jerwood Arts programme at Jerwood Space (opening October 2022)
- A UK touring exhibition in 2023. Previous Jerwood/Photoworks Awards tour partners include Belfast Exposed and StreetLevel Photoworks, Glasgow
- A £5,000 printing budget from print partner Spectrum Photographic for the London and UK touring exhibitions
Previous recipients of the Awards have included Silvia Rosi, Theo Simpson, Alejandra Carles-Tolra, Sam Laughlin, Lua Ribeira, Matthew Finn, Joanna Piotrowska and Tereza Zelenkova.
Silvia Rosi, recipient of the third edition of the Jerwood/Photoworks Awards, said, “Experimentation has been a great part of my process with the Jerwood/Photoworks Awards.
“With the Awards I was given the opportunity to experiment, make mistakes and learn about my practice in the making, with great support and mentoring”
Applications will close on 12 May 2021 at 10am. To apply, CLICK HERE