Allsorts Youth Project has revealed the September date of their training course, Understanding and Supporting Trans and Gender-Exploring Children & Young People, which will explore the issues and challenges that trans and gender-exploring children and young people face, how their mental health and wellbeing are impacted by these challenges, and how best to support them.
The course will explore ways to increase your confidence in supporting trans and gender-exploring children and young people to develop a strong sense of identity in the face of multiple marginalisations. You will learn practical ways to make your service, or individual practice, safer and inclusive by exploring ways to challenge transphobia and support trans and gender-exploring children and young people.
- Explore the challenges faced by trans and gender-exploring children and young people and the impact of these on their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- Examine current gender identity terminology and explore a diverse range of trans identities.
- Examine relevant legislation and how this applies to organisations providing services, with particular reference to trans and gender-exploring children and young people
- Explore how to identify and challenge transphobic bullying and name-calling
- Examine how to create a trans-inclusive and safer-space environment
- Review the support services in place to support trans children & young people
3-Hour Session on Wednesday, September 16 from 10am-1pm, £45.00
Book your place on Eventbrite here
All profits made from this training will go directly into providing support services for vulnerable LGBTU+ children & young people.
For more info on Allsorts Youth Project, visit their website.