On Saturday March 14, Charity Cabaret will present a night of comedy and music with all proceeds going to Brighton and Hove LGBT Switchboard.
Performers appearing include:
• Anny Knight, a performance poet whose tragi-comic observational poems look sideways at the many adventures of a lost and lonely lesbian looking for love.
• Hannah Rose Tristram will sing songs, accompanied on accordion. Expect Edith Piaf, Berlin Cabaret, Klezmer, folk and world music.
• All the Nice Girls will be performing excerpts from their show, which pays tribute to pioneering performers in variety.
• Stand-up comedian Lesley Kershaw will share her hilarious journey through the menopause, from a little bit of light dusting, via dogging and badge making.
• The all-female Qukulele band will sing, rap, play and kazoo their way through covers and mashups of Salt ‘n’ Pepa, Icona Pop and The Kinks.
• Greymatter, the all-girl British pop rock band, who sing beautiful vocal harmonies and lively layers of enduring rich melodies, carefully interlaced with heartfelt lyrics about life, love, heartache, yearning, and passion.
The Brunswick Pub, Holland Road, Hove has a fully licensed bar. Food is available and there will be a raffle. Doors 7 p.m., show 7.30 p.m.
Event: Charity Cabaret at the Brunswick
Where: The Brunswick, Holland Road, Hove
When: Saturday March 14
Time: Doors open 7 p.m. for 7.30 p.m. start
Price: £8/£10 on the door
To book online, click here:
To view Facebook group, click here: